This new category of visa was introduced in November 2008 for entertainers who wish to take part in certain major arts festivals, music competitions and charity events in the UK .
To qualify for an Entertainer Visitor visa, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must want to visit the UK for up to six (6) months;
- Have the intention to leave the UK at the end of their visit;
- Have enough money to support and accommodate themselves;
- Do not intend to charge members of the public for services provided or goods received;
- Do not intend to study; and
- Can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
Furthermore, applicants must demonstrate that they intend to take part a particular event, including charity events and that they will not be paid other than cash prizes or for board and lodging expenses.